- Pop your Vodafone SIM card into your iPhone.
- Connect your iPhone to the USB 2.0 port on your Mac or PC using the cable that came with your iPhone.
- Download and install the latest version of iTunes to your Mac or PC (www.apple.com/itunes).
Your iPhone User Interface will open and your iPhone will be fully functional. All Home screen icons should be visible.
This means you can now:
*make and receive calls
*send and receive SMS text messages
*access data services and browse the web
*leave and retrieve voicemail
If the device does not activate correctly, please follow the steps below to see if the issue can be resolved.
- Make sure there is an internet connection available on the Mac or PC to which you are connecting your iPhone
- Check that the correct SIM is in the device
- If the iTunes site displays the message: “Activations are not available at this time,” please try again a little later on
From the Settings menu, go to General, then into About, when you look at Version, you’ll see the iPhone software version you are using (this should say
4.2.1 for iPhone 3G and 6.0.1 or above for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5).
If you are using an earlier version of the iPhone software, you must update it using iTunes.
To access Vodafone’s Mobile Internet services on your iPhone you’ll need to set up WEB APN.
- Select the Settings menu.
- Select the General menu.
- Select the Network menu.
- Select the Cellular Data menu.
- Click on APN under Advanced.
Enter the Vodafone APN:
- APN: web.vodafone.com.qa
- Username: none
- Password: none
1.Install Latest version of iTunes (Version 11) from http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/ or if you have iTunes already installed you can select Help > Check for updates in iTunes
2.Connect your device to your computer
3.Select your iphone when it comes under devices section
4.Select Summary Tab.
5.Click on “Check for Updates”
6.You will be notified about the new version iOS 6.0.1 available for your device. Select update to update your device.
7.After selecting update you will be asked if you want to backup your device data. Select yes if you want to backup your data. Note: Do NOT unplug the device while updating the software.
Go to Settings > Phone > toggle the Face Time switch to turn it on.
Depending on Network congestion it can take from 5 minutes to 1 hour.
An SMS will be sent from your phone for the activation; however this SMS is free of charge.
FaceTime works on WiFi networks and now it works over 3G and data charges apply.
No, Face Time will be turned off automatically only when you update or restore your iphone. After updating/ restoring the device you will be prompted again if you want to activate Face Time.
Official iPhone handset’s brought in the Middle East region are not enabled with the FaceTime feature, this is a restriction set by Apple. As an official iPhone supplier, Vodafone Qatar requested for the FaceTime feature to be enabled for all its iPhone buyers and by default is locked to a Vodafone SIM. For a list of supporting operators in the Middle East visit http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1937
FaceTime will be locked to your Vodafone Qatar SIM. If you put any other SIM from a different operator when in Europe or any other country, your iPhone won’t show FaceTime as an option. There are some operators outside of Qatar which may enable FaceTime to work on your iPhone brought from Vodafone Qatar.
1. Go to Settings -> General -> About menu
2. The below notification will appear on your screen to update your Carrier settings.
3. Select update
4. To ensure you have updated your iPhone to the correct settings, go to Settings > General > About and check the carrier version. This should be Vodafone QA 14.1 or higher.
5. To now enable your Personal Hotspot, go to Settings > General > Cellular and enable Personal Hotspot
6. You are now ready to enjoy your Personal Hotspot!
In this case please follow these steps:
a) Go to Settings > General > Scroll down to Profile. Remove Internet and WAP profile from here.
b) Press and hold Home and power key until your iPhone is switched off completely.
c) Now press power key to start your iPhone.
d) Once powered up, Go to Settings > General > Cellular, and you should be able to activate Personal Hotspot now.
To use MMS on your iPhone (applies only to iPhone 3G and 3GS only) you must be using the iPhone version 3.0 software or higher.
Once you’ve confirmed that you’re using the iPhone 3.0 software, from the Settings menu, go toGeneral, then enter the Network menu, then go into the Cellular Data Network menu where the settings must look like the below:
MMS Proxy: 10.101.97.102:80
MMS Max Message Size: 307200
MMS UA Prof URL:
MMS You must keep the Username, Password and MMS UA Prof URL fields empty.
- Register your iPhone.
- iTunes Store terms and conditions (Software Licence Agreement).
- Create an iTunes account (you’ll need a credit card but won’t be charged until you make a purchase), or enter your iTunes account ID if you already have an account.
- Set up your iPhone. Information on syncing your iPhone with your Mac or PC is available at www.apple.com/itunes or as an iPhone optimised web application designed for viewing on your iPhone (in multiple languages).
You can install iPhone software version 6.0.1 on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPad, iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad mini. For iPhone 3G latest software version is iOS 4.2.1
Once you swap your mobile number onto your new Micro/Nano SIM, your standard SIM will be deactivated, so you won’t be able to use it again. Make sure you have your micro/Nano SIM in your iPhone 4/5 before you request your mobile number to be transferred.
REMEMBER, to back up your contacts from your current SIM card. You can do this by:
- Connecting to iTunes if you are already an iPhone user
- Visiting any Vodafone store once you have your Micro SIM – we can copy your contacts from your old SIM to your Micro SIM.
Siri is the intelligent personal assistant that helps you get things done just by asking. It allows you to use your voice to send messages, schedule meetings, place phone calls, and more.
No, Siri comes pre-installed only on iPhone 4S and iPhone 5
Go to Settings > General > Siri, and turn it on.
No. Siri, needs internet connection to work. It can work over 3G or wifi.
iMessage is new messaging service from apple for all iOS 5.0 devices. You can send unlimited text messages via Wi-Fi, 3G from your iPad, iPhone to other iOS 5.0 devices.