How to Join us with your number
Switch to Vodafone Digitally
Lots of reasons to get Postpaid online
Enjoy exclusive benefits with Unlimited plans
- What is Mobile Number Portability?
Mobile Number Portability allows consumers to keep their existing mobile numbers, while they switch from one service provider to another. Consumers will be able to directly approach the service provider they wish to switch to and apply to switch their number.
- How does this benefit me as a consumer?
Mobile Number Portability gives you the option to keep your existing number while you change your service provider that better serves your needs.
- How much will it cost me to switch my number?
The port itself does not cost anything. However, you may need to pay your outstanding in the issued bill when you port out from your current operator. After filling the porting form, the customer will need to send an SMS ‘SWITCH’ to 151 to confirm their porting action. Please be informed that you need to have at least 1Dhs in your balance. If the customer does not send this SMS, their port request will fail.
- How long does switching between service providers take?
In principle, switching of one number takes up to two working days from the time of your successful submission of your application with all the required documents. The actual switching occurring between 11 am – 12 pm, noon excluding weekends.
- How do I switch my number to another service provider?
You can apply through Vodafone website as shown in the video or visit Vodafone store. Vodafone advisor visiting your location or in retail will ask you to submit the necessary documents and fill out the Mobile Number Portability application form.
- What documents do I need when applying?
For Individual customers
- Filled and signed Mobile Number Portability application form
- As the case may be:
- Original and copy of Qatari National ID of the customer;
- Original and copy of the passport; or
- Original and copy of the GCC ID
For Business customers
- Please contact the service provider you wish to switch to in order to provide you with all the necessary requirements for their mobile accounts.
- Can I switch my number to a new service provider if I have not yet paid all my bills?
Before switching, individuals must pay all issued outstanding bills for the number being switched. After switching, any final bill from your previous service provider must be paid within 30 days of issue to avoid barring their service on their current provider.
- Do I need a new SIM card?
Yes, Vodafone advisors will give you a new SIM card with the same number.
- Can I switch my landline number as well?
Yes, you can switch mobile numbers as well as your landline numbers.
- What will happen to the services attached to the number to be switched?
- Prepaid credit and bonuses/minutes/SMSs/data - All unused credit and allowances will be lost once you switch to a new service provider. It is recommended that consumers use their remaining balance before switching when possible.
- Voice mail messages - Saved messages and those not yet retrieved will be deleted. Consumers should listen to all voicemail messages before switching their numbers.
- Mobile Money and Money Transfer accounts – It is recommended to disconnect your money transfer service before raising switching request to avoid rejections. After switching, consumers will not be able to use their mobile money or money transfer accounts that were offered by the previous service provider. Yet, consumers can withdraw their money from their previous provider. To find how, contact your previous service provider.
- Loyalty points - The balance points will be lost. To find more, contact your previous service provider.
- How often can I switch my number?
Consumers can switch as many times as they wish, as long as they do not owe any outstanding amounts to their service provider.
- How and when can I cancel my switching request?
Once a switching request has been received and validated, it cannot be cancelled. Consumers should be certain they want to switch their mobile number to a different service provider before applying for the number to be ported.
- How can I switch my fixed number to Vodafone?
If you are switching a Business number, simply call 40010100 or contact your Account Manager. We’ll take care of everything and get you connected.
If you would like to switch your home number, please visit any Vodafone Store.
- Who is eligible to switch their fixed number?
All fixed service customers within the coverage area. You can check if your area is covered by contacting 40010100 for Business customers or calling the Vodafone call center at 800 7111 for Home customers.
- Does my area allow me to switch my fixed number?
Business customers can find out the areas which are available by contacting 40010100 or their Account Manager.
Home customers can find out by visiting a Vodafone Store or calling our call center at 800 7111
- How long does the process take?
Depending on the type of connection needed, the process can take 1 to 2 weeks.
- What documents are needed to make the switch?
For Business numbers:
- Commercial Registration (CR)
- Authorized signatory QID
- Kahramaa number
- Filled out port in form
For Home numbers:
- QID or Passport registered with your existing operator
- Kahramaa number or home address
- Filled out port in form
- How and when can I cancel my switching process?
You can cancel your network switch within 24 hours of receiving your port-in acceptance notification via SMS.
- What happens to the add-ons I have on my original number?
You will need to subscribe to new add-ons after your switch is complete.
- Will I receive a new SIM card?
This does not apply to fixed lines. Vodafone will install your new fixed connection for you.
- Who do I contact if I have any issues?
Business customers can contact 40010100 or their Account Manager.
Home customers can visit a Vodafone Store or contact our call center at 800 7111
Previous Service Provider: means the Network Operator that loses a Customer through switching.
Recipient: means the Network Operator that gains a Customer through switching
- Contact: The Recipient may contact you to inform you about the status of your switching request or to inform you that your request has been accepted, delayed or not successfully completed.
- Assistance: You agree to assist the Recipient to resolve any cause of a delay in the switching process (e.g. by providing further or corrected information). The Recipient will not process the switching if you do not provide the requested information within the specified time.
- Consequence of not paying final Postpaid invoices with Previous Service Provider: If you are a Postpaid customer and you don’t settle your final bill (including monthly subscription, usage and early termination charges) with the Previous Service Provider within:
- 30 days of issue, upon the Previous Service Provider’s request, the Recipient will suspend your ability to make outgoing calls (except for calls to emergency numbers and service numbers), send SMS/MMS and access internet services;
- within 45 days of issue, upon the Previous Service Provider’s request, the Recipient will also suspend your ability to receive incoming calls and receive SMS/SMS and internet services; and
- within 60 days of issue, upon the Previous Service Provider’s request, the Recipient will terminate your account and you will no longer be able to use or access your allocated mobile number after a specified period. However, if you subsequently pay the outstanding charges within 30 days of termination, you may be able to receive mobile services only from the last network that you were activated.
- No cancellation of Mobile Number Portability Application: Once your switching request has been received by the Recipient, you will not be able to cancel that request. You may however cancel the scheduled switching if you are a Business customer and you notify the Recipient one working day before the scheduled date.
- Switch back to Previous Service Provider: If you wish to cancel your switching request after the mobile number has been switched to our network, you will need to request a switch back to your preferred mobile operator directly from that service provider.
- Compliance with Terms: Once the switching process is complete, you agree to comply with all the terms that apply to your mobile service.
- Cash out of Mobile Money balance: Your Mobile Money wallet associated with your Previous Service Provider will be closed at the time of switching to the Recipient. If you have funds in your Mobile Money wallet at the time of switching, you will need to visit your Previous Service Provider store to claim back those funds. Please refer to the Mobile Money terms and conditions.
Keep track of your usage, pay bills, recharge,
get support & lots more
Download the My Vodafone App.