Terms and Conditions
- These Terms and Conditions together with the Services Agreement, govern your access and use of the Portal and the Services (as defined below at Clause 3.1).
- When these Terms apply to you
- These Terms and Conditions will apply to you from the earlier of:
- You completing our online registration process and confirming that you have read and accepted these Terms and Conditions; or
- You viewing, accessing or using any Service via the Portal.
- As well as these Terms and Conditions, there may be other terms and conditions which apply to individual Services - if that's the case you will have to accept those terms before you can use the relevant Service.
- Use of the Portal/Services
- The services that we are providing to you via the Portal consist of the Content and the Functionalities available on the Portal or otherwise provided to you as a result of your use of the Portal (the "Services").
- You warrant that you are authorised by the Customer to access and use the Portal and Services and you agree that the Portal and the Services are for the Customer's internal business use only and that any other use is prohibited.
- You warrant that you will only use the Portal and the Services in accordance with these Terms and Conditions; the Services Agreement and in an appropriate and lawful manner.
- You represent and warrant that any Content submitted by you to us via or in connection with the Portal or the Services is accurate, truthful, complete and not misleading. You further represent and warrant that you are free to supply such Content to us and that we may use such Content without restriction in providing the Portal and the Services.
- You may not:
- licence, or sell, any of the Portal or Services or any information learned by you whilst using the Services or accessing the Portal;
- remove, or obscure in any way anything on the Portal and/or the Services or otherwise use any material obtained whilst using the Portal and/or the Services except as set out in these Terms and Conditions;
- reverse engineer or decompile (whether in whole or in part) any software used in the Portal and/or the Services; or
- remove, obscure or change any copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property right notices contained in the original material or from any material copied or printed off from the Portal or obtained as a result of the Services.
- You acknowledge that access to the Portal and/or the Services may be restricted at the sole discretion of Vodafone.
- In relation to any orders for Products or Communications Services made by you via the Portal or the Services or via any other system linked to the Portal or the Services you acknowledge and agree that any order placed will be binding on you and the Customer and that the terms and conditions of the Services Agreement shall apply to the supply of such Products and / or Communications Services. You further agree that it is your responsibility to familiarise yourself with these Terms and Conditions and with the relevant provisions of the Services Agreement and that by continuing to use the Portal and/or any of the Services, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- If there is any conflict between these Terms and Conditions and the Services Agreement, the provisions of the Services Agreement shall take precedence.
- Online purchases
- All service modifications and payments made will be processed as per existing methods of billing. Any payments made will be applied in real time.
- The price you pay for items purchased on the Portal will be the price you see advertised on the Portal at the time you make your purchase. Recurring add-ons will be billed on a pro-rated basis depending on the date you activate the add-on and the bill cycle you are in. Non Recurring add-ons will be added to your bill.
- In accordance with clause 3.7, in no event will you or the Customer be entitled to ask Vodafone for any adjustment or payment write off due to changes/transactions made via the Portal (regardless of whether or not such changes result in an increase to the amounts payable by the Customer).
- Usernames and Passwords
- In order to access the Portal and view Services you are required to complete the Portal registration form on our Portal and available at www.vodafone.qa/mvp. If you decide to register, you agree to provide us with true, accurate, current and complete information in all fields.
- After you register, you will be issued with or will choose a password. You must keep your password, and any other passwords you use to access the Portal and our Services, secure. You must let us know straightaway if any unauthorized person learns what your password is.
- Your account is to be used by a single user only and you will not allow simultaneous access using the same account details. You acknowledge that you are responsible for ensuring that no unauthorised access to the Portal and the Services is obtained using your account details and that you are liable for all such activities conducted through your account whether authorised or not.
- Some of our Services require you to choose a user name. Your user name must not be obscene, threatening, racist, offensive, derogatory, defamatory or in violation of any intellectual property or proprietary rights of any one else. If we consider that your user name is inappropriate for any reason, we reserve the right to reject it and prevent you from using this user name at any time with or without notice to you.
- Once you (as the authorised user of the account) have 'signed-in' to the Portal, you must not at any time leave the Internet terminal or device from which you have accessed the Portal and the Services or let anyone else use the Internet terminal or device until you have logged out of the Portal and the Services. You will be responsible for ensuring that you have logged out of the Portal at the end of any session.
- You (as the authorised user of the account) must not access the Portal and the Services from any computer connected to a local area network (LAN) or any public Internet access device or access point without first ensuring that the Customer permits such access and making sure that no-one else will be able to observe or copy your access or get access to the Portal and the Services pretending to be you.
- You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for immediately informing Vodafone of any changes to the Authorised Contact(s) details, including submitting a written request to Vodafone via email to your Vodafone Account Manager or to Vodafone Business Care ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) to deactivate the access of any Authorised Contact account. In the event that you fail to provide Vodafone with at least two working days advanced written notice of any change(s) to the Customer Authorised Contact(s), Vodafone accepts no liability and the Customer acknowledges agrees that it shall remain fully liable for any and all charges due and payable as a result of any orders and/or changes made to the Customer’s account via the Portal in accordance with this Clause 5.7.
- Payments and charges
- Where any of our Services require you to pay us, you must make that payment as and when required by these Terms and Conditions, the applicable Services Agreement and any instructions we publish on the Portal.
- If you do not pay us on time, if your payment is rejected or refused (including if you do not have sufficient credit in your account), or if you default in a payment, the amount owing will be treated as overdue and we will be entitled to cease or suspend the provision of the Services to you until payment is received or until your credit has been recharged in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and the Services Agreement.
- All amounts payable by you shall be paid in full in Qatari Riyals unless otherwise specified.
- We always aim to ensure the proper performance of this Portal and the Services. However, you should be aware that the Portal and Services are provided to you through a variety of telecommunications systems and we are unable to guarantee error-free use or transmission of, or access to, any part of the Portal.
- From time to time, the Portal/Services may be affected by events outside our control, including things like congestion, network coverage, dropped connections, the performance of wireless enabled devices and the maintenance of a secure network connection. Because of this we make no representations or warranties and assume no liability or responsibility for (i) the proper performance of this Portal (ii) the accuracy of the information and/or images contained on this Portal; or (iii) that the Portal will meet your requirements, be uninterrupted, complete, timely, secure or error free.
- We will not be liable for any loss of use, profits or data or any indirect, special or consequential damages or losses, whether such losses or damages arise in contract, negligence or tort, including without limitation to the foregoing any losses in relation to:
- your use of, reliance upon or inability to use the Portal and/or our Services;
- the loss or deletion with or without notice or cause of any of your Content and/or any other data or information stored on the Portal;
- any loss resulting from delays, non-deliveries, missed deliveries, service interruptions or a failure, suspension or withdrawal of all or part of the Services at any time;
- the removal from the Portal and/or Services of any material sent or posted by you on or via the Portal and/or the blocking or suspension of your access to the Portal and/or Services or any part of it in accordance with these Terms and Conditions; or
- computer viruses or trojan horses downloaded by you from the Content of this Portal.
- All conditions or warranties which may be implied or incorporated into these Terms and Conditions by law or otherwise are hereby expressly excluded to the extent permitted by law.
- Please be aware that there may be links on our Portal to third party sites not controlled by us and we take no responsibility for the content of these external sites. The provision of a link on our Portal does not imply any endorsement by us of such sites.
- Your only remedy under these Terms and Conditions is to discontinue using the Portal and the Services.
- Protecting your personal information
- Ensuring your payments are secure
- Vodafone uses SSL (Secure Socket Layer) to ensure secure online payment and all other transactions of personal data. SSL encrypts all communications between your computer and our server so that the information can only be read and understood by Vodafone.
- A closed lock sign in the bottom corner of your browser window shows that the connection is secure. For further information, please consult your browser's security specifications. If your browser is equipped with SSL your transaction will automatically be secured.
- If your equipment does not support relevant technology including but not limited to encryption you may not be able to use certain Services or access certain information on the Portal.
- Ability to make payment will be available through Credit Card and any further payment capabilities added to this Portal.
- The use of this Portal is at your own risk.
- You agree that Vodafone is not required to monitor or edit the use to which you or others use the Portal and the Services and Vodafone is excluded from all liability of any kind arising from the use of the Services, and in particular but without limitation to the foregoing, the nature of any Content. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Vodafone reserves the right to edit, bar or remove any Services and/or Content, at any time as Vodafone in its sole discretion believes to be necessary in order to prevent any breach of these Terms and Conditions or any breach of applicable laws or regulations.
- You agree to indemnify and hold us harmless against all and any loss, liability, actions, suites, proceedings, costs, demands and damages (including direct, indirect, special or consequential damages), or any other action, arising out of or in connection with the use of this Portal.
- Intellectual Property
- Vodafone owns all the intellectual property rights in and to this Portal, and all unauthorised use of our intellectual property is expressly prohibited and maybe prosecuted under the applicable laws.
- All Trade Marks used on the Portal and/or the Services are the trade marks of Vodafone Group Plc or one of the Vodafone Group companies or a third party whose trade marks Vodafone is authorised to use on this Portal. You shall only make fair use of the Trade Marks and will not use the Trade Marks, whether design or word marks: (1) as or as part of your own trade marks; (2) in a manner which is likely to cause confusion; (3) to identify products to which they do not relate; (4) to imply endorsement or otherwise of products or services to which they do not relate; or (5) in any manner which does or may cause damage to the reputation of Vodafone or the Trade Marks or third parties whose Trade marks are used.
- You acknowledge and agree that the Services and the Portal or any part thereof, whether presented to you by Vodafone or any third party are protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, or other proprietary rights and laws. All rights are expressly reserved.
- You are only allowed to use the Portal and the Services as set out in these Terms and Conditions and in accordance with the Services Agreement and nothing on the Portal and/or the Services shall be construed as conferring any licence or other transfer of rights to you of any intellectual property or other proprietary rights of Vodafone, any member of the Vodafone Group or any third party, whether by estoppel, implication or otherwise.
- Vodafone may elect to suspend or vary the Services and the Portal immediately and without prior notice at any time for repair or maintenance work or in order to upgrade or update the Portal and the Services or for any other reason whatsoever.
- Unless otherwise set out in the Services Agreement, Vodafone may elect to terminate your access to the Portal and the Services forthwith upon breach of any of these Terms and Conditions by you or upon termination of the Services Agreement for any reason whatsoever. Your right to access the Portal and the Services shall terminate forthwith upon you ceasing to be an authorised representative or employee of the Customer and you and the Customer shall be jointly and severally responsible for any use made by you of the Portal or the Services (including, without limitation, any purchase orders placed via the Portal or the Services) following any such cessation.
- Other important information
- We are regulated by the Communications Regulatory Authority (the “CRA”), the regulator for Qatar telecommunications services. For more information on the CRA please go to https://cra.gov.qa/.
- We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time. By continuing to use the Portal you will be deemed to have accepted the varied Terms and Conditions.
- You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment or agency relationship exists between you and us as a result of these Terms and Conditions or use of the Portal and/or the Services.
- If any part of these Terms and Conditions is determined to be legally invalid or unenforceable, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall continue in effect.
- You acknowledge and agree that in entering into these Terms and Conditions you do not rely on, and shall have no remedy in respect of any statement, representation, warranty or understanding (whether negligently or innocently made) of any person (whether party to these Terms and Conditions or not) other than as expressly set out in these Terms and Conditions as a warranty. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall, however, operate to limit or exclude any liability for fraud.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction - These Terms and Conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Qatar and you hereby submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Qatar.
- Waiver - Vodafone's failure to exercise any particular right or provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision unless acknowledged and agreed to by Vodafone in writing.
- Assignment - You in entering into these Terms and Conditions undertake that you will not assign, re-sell, sub-lease or in any other way transfer your rights or obligations under these Terms and Conditions or part thereof. Contravention of this restriction in any way, whether successful or not, will result in your access to the Portal and your right to use the Services being terminated by Vodafone forthwith. Vodafone may assign these Terms and Conditions in whole or in part to any third party at its discretion.
- Force Majeure - Vodafone shall not be liable in respect of any breach of these Terms and Conditions due to any cause beyond its reasonable control including but not limited to, acts of God, war, fire, flood or other accident, strike, lockouts, delays in transport, material shortages, failures or fluctuations in electric power or telecommunications services or equipment, restrictions or prohibitions of any government or semi-government authority.
“Authorised Contact” means the person(s) listed in the My Vodafone Portal Registration Form as authorised contacts on behalf of the Customer.
"Content" means invoices, statistical data, financial information, text, pictures, photographs, software, and graphics;
"Communications Services" means mobile/fixed communications services;
"Customer" means the customer which has entered into a Services Agreement with Vodafone;
"Functionalities" means the services offered on or via the Portal, which includes (but is not limited to) Bill Payment, Bill Download, Usage Summary, Plan & Usage View, Add On management and such other service management systems as Vodafone and the Customer may from time to time agree shall form part of the Services available via the Portal;
"Products" means mobile communications devices and accessories;
"Services" has the meaning given to it in Clause 3.1;
"Services Agreement" means the agreement for the supply of services between Vodafone and the Customer;
"Terms and Conditions" means the contract between Vodafone and you incorporating these terms and conditions;
"Trade Marks" means the word or mark "Vodafone", however represented, including stylised representations, all associated logos and symbols, and combinations of the foregoing with another word or mark;
"Vodafone" means Vodafone Qatar P.Q.S.C., whose registered office is at QSTP, Tech 2, Level 2, PO Box 27727, Doha, Qatar, Tel: 00974 44096666, Fax: 00974 44096669, paid-up capital QAR 4,227,000,000 and may also be referred to as "we" or "us" in these Terms and Conditions.
"Vodafone Group" means Vodafone Group Plc and any company or other entity in which Vodafone Group Plc owns (directly or indirectly) more than 15% of the issued share capital; "you" means the user that enters into these Terms and Conditions (and "your" shall be construed accordingly).