Frequently asked questions
Will I be charged for
data on while roaming with my BlackBerry?
Yes, you will be charged standard data rates while roaming with your Blackberry.
Why can’t I connect to all the networks that are visible on my phone?
When you switch on your phone in a new country there may be many visible networks. Since Vodafone Qatar does not have a contract with all networks in all countries, you will only be able to connect to a partner network. If you keep your phone set to automatic network selection your phone will select our partner network when you arrive. You’ll find at least one network in every destination mentioned in our Footprint at www.vodafone.qa/roaming. We’re working at increasing this footprint every day.
Who do I call to sort out problems while I’m abroad?
If you encounter any problems, you can call our Customer Care Team on +974 77007 111 if you are a Prepaid customer, or +974 70201 122 if you are a Postpaid customer. Calling these numbers is free of charge if called from a Vodafone Qatar mobile.
You can also email us here
Which countries can I roam after activating the Delayed Charges service (Service can be activated by providing a valid credit card as a security guarantee or paying a deposit of QR 2,000 at any Vodafone Store) ?
- (Satellite Services), Angola, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Belarus, Benin, Bolivia, Brazil, British Virgin Islands, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Bulgaria, Cape Verde, Cayman Islands, Chad, Colombia, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ethiopia, Ecuador, Gabon, Georgia, Gibraltar, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guernsey, Jamaica, Jersey, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Libya, Laos, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Mongolia, Montserrat, Namibia, Nauru, Netherlands Antilles, New Caledonia, Niger, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Réunion Island, Russia, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, San Marino, Slovakia, Syria, Togo, Turkmenistan, Turks and Caicos Islands, Uganda, Vanuatu and Zambia.
Where can I roam on my Prepaid account?
Select the Prepaid plan here and select the country to check if you can roam there with Prepaid
What should I do if I have trouble connecting to a network?
If your phone is not connecting automatically to a local network when you switch it on, you’ll need to check its settings are correct. Here are the steps you should take to get up and running.
- Make sure your network settings are set to Automatic Network Selection.
- Ensure you are in an area with good network coverage.
- Allow your device up to three minutes after you turn it on for the first time to perform the network registration.
- Your device should now automatically connect to the local network.
If after five minutes the device is not showing the name of the network and the coverage signal, you’ll need to use the Vodafone Services Roaming Menu. Here’s how to find it on your mobile:
Device Menu Option Android based Menu > SIM toolkit > Roaming BlackBerry® Menu > Setup > Vodafone Services > Roaming iPad Settings > Cellular Data > Sim Apps > Roaming Motorola (Android based) Menu > SIM toolkit > Roaming Motorola WX180 Menu > Services > Roaming Nokia (S40) Menu > Vodafone Services > Roaming Nokia (S60) Menu > Application > Vodafone Services > Roaming Samsung Galaxy S Applications > SIM toolkit > Roaming Samsung Star Menu > Applications > SIM toolkit > Roaming Sony Erricsson Vivaz (S60) Menu > Organiser > My Apps > Vodafone Service > Roaming Sony Erricsson W995 Menu > Entertainment > Vodafone Service > Roaming Sony Erricsson Xperia (Android based) Menu > SIM toolkit > Roaming Vodafone 136, 150, 228, 236, 250 Menu > Vodafone Service > Roaming Vodafone 330, 543, 546(Laurence), 830 Menu > Organisers&Tools > Vodafone Services > Roaming
- Enter this menu, select Roaming and then select OK.
- If your Roaming Menu has the options: Active Roaming ID, Stop Roaming, Start Roaming. Please click Stop Roaming, and this will restart your settings and allow you to roam automatically. If your Roaming Menu has the options: Restart Roaming, Roaming Details. You do not need to click anything If your device still does not connect to a network, please switch it to 2G mode and repeat the steps above. If that’s doesn’t fix the problem, please contact our Customer Care Team on +974 7700 7111 for free or email us here
What countries can I Roam in?
You can find out what countries you can roam in by visiting our website: http://www.vodafone.com.qa/roaming
Vodafone doesn’t offer the roaming in the destination that I would like to travel to,what can I do?
Vodafone Qatar offers its customers roaming in over 150 destinations. In case you would like a new destination to be available for roaming, please let us know and we will do our best to make sure it happens! Please contact our Customer Care Team on +974 7700 7111 (for free!) or contact us here to give us your feedback.
Is it free to
Yes, it is free to receive SMS whilst roaming.
If I go overseas, will I be able to use my Vodafone number?
Yes, roaming is available on your plan. For more information on roaming, including rates and availability by country click here.
How do I turn off my Roaming?
Before you go overseas you can turn off your Roaming by calling Customer Care Centre on 111 from your Vodafone number or 800 7111 from any other number whilst in Qatar. If you are already overseas you can turn off your Roaming by calling +974 7700 7111.
Can I roam automatically or do I need to have my phone set up for roaming?
You can roam automatically with our Postpaid and Prepaid Plans and no set up is required.
Can I only turn off my Data Roaming and still be able to make and receive calls?
Yes, if you are using a smart phone, you can just turn off your Data Roaming and still make and receive calls; for example for BlackBerry and iPhone users, you can do this by following these steps:
- BlackBerry: menu>manage connection>mobile network options>data service while roaming>off
- iPhone: menu>settings>network>data roaming>off
Can I check my balance while I’m roaming?
Yes, you can check your balance at any time by dialling *129# from your Vodafone mobile. Please note that this is dependent on the network you are roaming on.
Can I access my voicemail while overseas?
Yes, you can access your voicemail overseas by dialling +974 7700 7121. This call is charged at the call back to Qatar rates, which are available here.
- Will I be charged for data on while roaming with my BlackBerry?