Frequently asked questions
When do calls divert to Voicemail?
Calls will be diverted to Voicemail if:
- your phone is switched off
- you are outside network coverage
- you are already engaged on another call
- the network is busy
- you have selected the Divert Immediate option.
How long are messages stored?
Once you have listened to a message it will remain in your Voicemail mailbox for 5 days. If you wish to keep a message for longer, you can use the save option by pressing "6" to keep it for 30 days. If you do not want to keep a message, you may delete it any time while you are listening to it by pressing "5".
How do I turn Voicemail on?
Voicemail is automatically turned on for all Vodafone customers. However, if you have turned it off you can dial ##002# from your mobile phone to switch it back on.
How do I turn Voicemail off?
To turn Voicemail off simply dial **004*141# from your mobile phone. This will turn Voicemail off and you will instead receive missed call notifications via SMS.
How do I return a call?
To return the call, simply press "7" at any time during the message playback. The cost of this call will vary depending on your price plan and the number you are calling.
How do I record a personal greeting?
A standard pre-recorded message will greet your callers and confirm your phone number, but you may choose to replace this with a personalised greeting, which makes your callers much more likely to leave a message. An example of what to say would be "This is the Voicemail service for (your name). I am not able to take your call but please leave a message." To record a new greeting dial 121 and press 2 when you get to the main menu. Then:
- If you would like to record a personal message as your greeting, just press 1 and follow the voice prompts.
- If you would like to record just your name as your greeting, just press 2 and follow the voice prompts.
- If you would like to use a standard Vodafone greeting, just press 3 and follow the voice prompts.
Remember to press # to save your recorded message when you are done. You can change your greeting anytime and as often as you like.
How do I access my messages?
To retrieve your messages at any time, dial 121. The following options are then available while listening to messages:
- Press "*": Return to main menu
- Press "#": To go to next message
- Press 2: To pause or continue
- Press 4: To listen again
- Press 5: To delete message
- Press 6: To save the message for 30 days
- Press 7: To directly call the sender
- Press 9: To get message details
- Press 0: Help
Can I retrieve my Voicemail from another phone?
You can listen to your messages with another Vodafone mobile by dialling 121. To then access your messages, simply dial your PIN number and hit "#". Then follow the same prompts as you would if checking messages from your own mobile. To set your PIN number, call 121 with your Vodafone mobile and select option 3. Then choose your own PIN number. A PIN number can only be four digits long. To dial into your Voicemail from abroad with a fixed line or non Vodafone mobile, please dial +974 77007 121 and follow the guidance above.
Can I listen to my Voicemail when I’m calling from outside Qatar?
To dial into your Voicemail from overseas with your Vodafone mobile, please dial +974 77007121. To dial into your Voicemail from overseas with a fixed line or non Vodafone mobile, please dial +974 77007131.
- When do calls divert to Voicemail?