World of Prizes
1. The “World of Prizes” (“Competition”) is an SMS based Competition which shall commence from 17 October 2018 to 14 April 2019 (“Competition Period”).
2. All Vodafone Postpaid and Prepaid mobile customers in Qatar who are above 18 years and residents of Qatar are eligible to participate in the Competition (“Participant”) in accordance with the below:
- Free Subscribers – Subscribers can opt in by sending an SMS with specific keyword FREE to the short code “97710” to be a free participant (“Free Participant”) and enjoy the Competition free of charge and a chance to win the allocated prizes for the free draws
- Premium Subscriber – Subscribers, in addition to participating in the free draws can also opt in by sending an SMS to the short code 97711 with specific Keywords (e.g. WIN or PLAY) for a Premium Subscription (“Premium Participant”) at a cost of QR 5 (“Charge”) for every 5 questions.
(together “the Participant”)
3. Free Participants shall receive the following benefits:
- The opportunity to answer up to 5 trivia questions daily;
- Eligible to participate in draw for a chance to win QR 25,000 prize (“Final Cash Draw”)
4. Premium Participants shall receive the following benefits:
- The opportunity to answer up to 5 trivia-questions/ QR 5;
- Free 10 local mins valid for 2 days only from the time of subscription to the Competition
A chance to participate in the Premium monthly draw for a chance to win an Audi Car worth around QR 100,000 (“Premium Monthly Draw”)
Eligible to enter into the Premium Monthly Draw using points earned throughout the Competition.
5. Participants can opt out by sending a free SMS with the keyword “STOP” to  anytime.
6. Participants can change their subscription to Premium in the Competition at any time by sending an SMS to the short code  with a specific Keyword – “WIN” and will be charged the Premium rate for the remaining Competition Period unless they opt out.
7. All questions and answers shall be decided at the sole discretion of Vodafone Qatar and in the event there is any dispute regarding any answer to a question Vodafone Qatar’s decision shall be final and binding.
8. For every correct answer, a Participant will receive at least 1 point or more. For every incorrect or invalid answer, the Participants will receive no points.
9. Premium Participant Subscribers will be charged by Vodafone Qatar at a rate of QR5.0/5 per questions. Participants will also receive free 10 local mins with a 2 days validity period when they subscribe to become a Premium Participant
10. Vodafone Qatar may in its sole discretion determine the charge per question.
11. If a Premium Participant does not have sufficient credit to receive the questions, they will not be able to participate in the Premium Monthly Draw.
12. Prizes will be awarded to the winners based on a randomly selected draw of all eligible Participant entries.
13. Free Participants are eligible to participate in the Final Cash Draw only and will not be eligible to participate in any of the Premium draws whatsoever.
14. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be exchanged for other prizes, redeemed for cash or transferred.
15. Prizes will be delivered within 30 days from the end of the Competition Period by any third party appointed by Vodafone Qatar, at a time and a place that will be made known to the winner within the timescales determined by Vodafone Qatar.
16. A Participant may win only one prize per type (Free or Premium). This means that a Premium Participant is eligible to win only one Premium Monthly Draw prize and/or the Final Cash Draw prize. Any expenses not explicitly indicated as part of the prize, including but not limited to insurance, travel expenses, accommodation, license fees or taxes, are the responsibility of the winner.
17. Vodafone Qatar’s Directors, employees, partners, contest suppliers or agents and or consultants are excluded from this Competition as well as their spouse, parent, children, siblings, business partner or associates. Vodafone customers in “Black List” and “VIP List” are also excluded.
18. Vodafone Qatar reserves the right to verify the eligibility of each Participant and shall be entitled to disqualify any Participant or any winner who Vodafone Qatar believes in its sole discretion does not meet the eligibility criteria or is in breach of these terms and conditions.
19. Every winner will be contacted by Vodafone Qatar on the mobile phone number the Participant used to participate in the Competition. Vodafone Qatar will attempt to contact the winner over a period of 2 days between the hours of 9am and 8pm. If the winner cannot be contacted, they will be disqualified and shall forfeit their prize.
20. The winner is required to provide proof of, ID, eligibility and sign a prize acceptance form (as requested by Vodafone Qatar) before a prize can be claimed or collected. If the winner fails to provide the required identification and sufficient proof of eligibility they will be disqualified and shall forfeit the prize.
21. If the winner has any outstanding debts owing to Vodafone Qatar they need to be settled in full within 3 days from being contacted by the Vodafone Qatar. If outstanding debts are not settled in full the winner will forfeit their prize.
22. If a winner fails to redeem their prize within 2 weeks from the date they were contacted they will forfeit their prize and a runner up will be selected to claim the prize.
23. If the winner and all runner-ups forfeit any prize, the prize shall be deemed unclaimed and shall remain the property of Vodafone Qatar.
24. Participants are not allowed to use machines that send automatically SMS messages or automate/facilitate for the answer process or any other alternative of sending SMS messages, other than the mobile phone such as any GSM modems attached to a computer or mobile phones attached to a computer. Vodafone has the right to disqualify any Participant under suspicion of breaking this term.
25. By participating in the Competition, the Participant agree that personal data which they supply shall be used and processed by Vodafone Qatar for the purposes of the Competition and also for the purpose of publicity surrounding the Competition.
26. The winner will be required to sign Vodafone Qatar’s prize acceptance form at the time of deeming their prize.
27. Vodafone Qatar’s general competition terms and conditions shall apply.