1. There are different reservation charges for different Star Numbers. You can find out the reservation charge for the Star Number from our website at www.vodafone.qa or any of our retail stores.
2. The reservation charge you pay for a Star Number entitles you to use that number however all mobile numbers belong to the State of Qatar. The Communications Regulatory Authority (CRA) may withdraw, suspend or change numbers at any time. If this happens, we will give you at least 30 days’ notice.
3. On successful purchase, the Star Number must be assigned to an active Prepaid Plan or Postpaid Plan. If You cancel your Prepaid or Postpaid Plan or terminate your line after 180 days the Star Number will be made available for others to reserve. If your Star Number has a value of more than QR1500 you have can claim this number back within the 180 days at no charge.
4. You can request for a refund of the Star number within seven (7) working
days from the date of purchasing the Star Number in line with our Number Policy
on our website (www.vodafone.qa) and at our stores.
5. If you transfer the Star Number you will not have any claim or right whatsoever on the Star Number going thereafter.
6. If you transfer the Star Number under another individuals name (belonging to the Donor) after he was ported out, then on repatriation of the number, the new owner of the number (last registered in Qatar ) can claim the Star Number provided they pay in full for the number, within 180 days of repatriation. The Original owner who ported out will not take the number as long as he is not the last registered in Qatar.
7. As per the approved Mobile Number Portability’s (“MNP”) Code of Conduct, all repatriated Vodafone Star Numbers which have been transferred back to Vodafone pool can only be claimed, for free, by the Original Vodafone Qatar customer within 180 days of repatriation and if the number is not transferred to another customer by the other service provider. Failing to claim within 180 days will mean that Vodafone can automatically re-use the number as required.
8. The minimum contractual period for Star Numbers worth 1500QR and above shall be one (1) year at the time of purchase (“Agreed Period”). Cancellation of the Service prior to that time will result in applicable pro-rated charges due and payable for the Agreed Period.
9. If You are a Postpaid customer, and You have received a discounted or free Star Number from Vodafone then You can upgrade to a higher plan immediately. However You can only downgrade to a lower Postpaid Plan after the 3 months lock in period but within the same Postpaid plan family e.g. within the Red portfolio or Flex plans. If You choose to move to another Postpaid Plan Family, migrate to Prepaid, Transfer their number or port out within 1 year of joining then you will need to pay for the prorated charges of the Star Number.
10. Customer purchasing the numbers online confirm that they do not have more than five (5) numbers under their QID which is a requirement under local laws.
11. If Customer has more than five (5) numbers their payment will be refunded and they will not be entitled to the number(s).
12. If Customer buys more than one (1) number and can only have one (1) more number then the customer can within 5 days chose the one (1) number they want to keep and forfeit the others.
13. Numbers cannot be kept for unlimited period of time therefore, Customer must collect the number purchased online are within five (5) days after which the number(s) will be reassigned and the total amount paid will be refunded.
14. All refunds shall be made within 15 days without any further liability.