About our Policy
Vodafone is entrusted with the confidentiality of peoples' communications and for managing an immense volume of personal information. We are committed to foster the trust and confidence of our customers, employees and other stakeholders in the way we handle personal information and communications, and in the products and services we provide.
|We, Us, Vodafone:||means Vodafone Qatar Q.S.C (Commercial Registration No. 39656, PO Box 27727 Doha Qatar)|
|You, Your:||means you the customer|
1. The information we may collect about you.
1.1 For the purpose of business communications, administration and transacting we may collect your personal information.
1.2 The information we collect about you will depend on the Vodafone products and services you use and subscribe to. The information we collect includes, but is not limited to, the following.
- Credit or debit-card information, or other banking information.
- Your preferences for particular products, services or lifestyle activities when you tell us what they are or when we assume what they are based on how you use our products and services.
- Your contact with us, such as: a note or recording of a call you make to one of our contact centres; an email or letter you send to us; and other records of any contact you have with us.
- Your account information, such as: dates of payment; top-up information; the subscription services you use; and any other information to do with your account.
We will also collect information about how you use our products and services, such as:
- the date, time and length of the calls and messages you send or receive through our network and your approximate location at the time these communications take place;
- the level of service you receive, for example network faults and other network events which may affect our network services; and
- your website browsing information (which includes information about the websites you visit, information about your browsing, the date, time and length of your internet browsing and your approximate location at the time of browsing and how you use our website whether through your mobile or a PC).
2. How your information is used
2.1 The personal information you provide us may be used for a number of purposes connected with our business operations, which include:
- providing you with products and/or services requested;
- billing you or administering your account;
- dealing with requests, enquiries or complaints and other customer care related activities;
- carrying out market and product analysis and marketing our products and services generally;
- contacting you about our products and services;
- in connection with restructuring, re-organising Vodafone's businesses;
- carrying out any activity in connection with a legal, governmental or regulatory requirement on us or in connection with legal proceedings, crime, fraud or network threat prevention, detection or prosecution.
2.2 We will not use your information for purposes other than described above unless we have your consent or there are specified law enforcement or public health and safety reasons.
2.3 Monitoring or recording of your calls, e-mails or SMS's may take place for business purposes to the extent permitted by law, such as for example quality control and training for the purposes of marketing and improving the services. However, in these situations, we will not disclose information that could be used to personally identify you.
3. Sharing your Personal Information
3.1 We may disclose or receive personal information or documents about you to/from:
- credit providers, credit reporting or debt collection agencies;
- legal or regulatory agencies in order to meet any requirements of applicable laws in the state of Qatar, including regulations of national security agencies;
- our service and content providers, dealers and agents, or any company within the Vodafone group for purposes that are related to providing you with a telecommunications service which would be reasonably expected; and
if someone else pays your bill, such as your employer, that person.
3.2 Unless you consent, we will not disclose your personal information to third parties, other than those who have contracted with Vodafone to keep the information confidential, or who are subject to obligations to protect your personal information.
4. Security of your Personal Information
4.1 We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete, up-to-date and stored in a secure environment protected from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
4.3 Upon your request, Vodafone will provide access to your personal information we hold, except in certain prescribed circumstances, including emergency situations, specified business imperatives and law enforcement or other public interests. To seek copies of your personal information, you can visit us in-store or contact Customer Care on the number indicated below. There may be a charge imposed for accessing copies of your information.
5. Online Security Information
5.1 To ensure secure online payment and all other transactions of personal data, our website uses a technology called SSL (Secure Socket Layer). SSL encrypts all communications between your computer and our server so that the information can only be read and understood by us.
5.2 A closed lock in the bottom corner of your browser window shows a secure connection. For further information, please consult your browser's security specifications. If your browser is equipped with SSL your transaction will automatically be secured.
5.3 The common standard in the Internet to signal a secure site is a closed lock at the bottom of the browser. As long as the lock is displayed closed your information is secure and encrypted to avoid abuse.
5.5 This website uses a web analytics service. This may record mouse clicks, mouse movements, scrolling activity as well as any text you type in this website, except text in password fields and credit card information. The service does not collect personally identifiable information that you do not voluntarily enter in this website. It does not track your browsing habits across other web sites or text inputted in password fields. We are using the information to improve our website, make it more user-friendly and monitor that it is performing correctly.
6. How to contact us
If you have any queries or concerns, please contact Customer Care by phoning contact 111 from your Vodafone mobile or +974 7007111 internationally or from any phone.
7. Changing this Policy
7.1 We reserve the right to amend or modify this policy at any time in response to new privacy legislation.