DDoS Mitigation Service
Defend your organization against network attacks!
What is a DDoS Attack?
DDoS attacks are Denial-of-Service attacks that leverage the massive, distributed, and stolen computing power from infected endpoints to flood target networks and web applications with traffic. The goal of a DDoS attack is to disrupt the online operations of a target organization by consuming available network bandwidth or server resources.
Over the recent years, DDoS attacks have evolved in strategy and tactics. There have been increasing global reports of “smokescreening”, where criminals use DDoS attacks to distract IT staff while inserting malware to breach sensitive data such as customer or employee data, bank details etc. More than 40% of companies which were attacked reported theft of funds, data or intellectual property. Such cyber-attacks are intense but shorter-lived; more surgical than sustained strikes whose goal is extended downtime.
DDoS Mitigation Service - What is it?
The DDoS mitigation proposition will provide assured connectivity to dedicated internet customers, enabling safer communications over the internet.
DDoS protection is deployed within the core of Vodafone’s Internet network
- A pure platform based service; no equipment installation needed therefore reducing infrastructure spend
- Carrier class service and scale makes it easier to mitigate against very large scope attacks
Measurable Return on Investment with Vodafone DDoS Mitigation Service
- DDoS attacks disrupt operations and prevent users from accessing critical Web applications
This downtime results in loss of productivity, loss of visitor traffic, loss of e-commerce transactions, revenue loss, impact to competitive position, negative brand impact, loss of reputation, reduction in share price, loss of business data, rise in IT expenditure to defend from attacks.
- The value of these lost opportunities will vary across businesses and industries
However, businesses can and should measure the potential damages that a DDoS attack can cause in terms of dollars per hour.
- For some financial and web-based businesses, DDoS attacks can result in millions of dollars of damages per hour
Why Vodafone DDoS Mitigation Service?
- 90% of businesses believe that maintaining security and privacy in a highly connected world is a business imperative
- 78% of businesses believe their current IT and communication facilities are not able to effectively manage security and access control
Traditional Internet security is ineffective
Existing defences are easily overwhelmed by large attacks
Increasing sophistication and size of attacks are hard to counteract
Limited budgets and resources to dedicate to self-operated systems
DDoS Mitigation Service
The service will have DDoS protection mechanisms to offer the following features:
- Blocking of Network Attacks between Layer 2 to Layer 4 of the OSI layers
- Attack Protection against SYN Flood, Connection Flood, UDP Flood, Push and ACK Floods, Teardrop, ICMP Floods, Ping Floods and Smurf Attacks
- Mitigation - Geo location blocking, Malformed packet removal (TCP/UDP), anti-spoofing, blended attack protection and rate limiting
- Counteracting volumetric attacks of up to 10 Gbps of traffic
The service you can count on:
- 24/7 Service Operating Centre with dedicated team for fixed and integrated services
- Dedicated Account Manager
For further information please contact your Account Manager or visit www.vodafone.qa/business