Vodafone Qatar to Hold Annual General Assembly Meeting and Extraordinary General Assembly Meeting on 28 June
13 June, 2010: Vodafone Qatar Q.S.C. ("Vodafone Qatar") will hold its Annual General Assembly Meeting and Extraordinary General Assembly Meeting on Monday 28 June 2010.
The meetings will take place at The Diplomatic Club starting at 7pm with registration beginning at 6pm.
The Agenda for the meetings is as follows:
Agenda for the Ordinary General Assembly
- Review of the Board of Director's report of the Company's activities and its financial status for the financial year ended 31 March 2010.
- Review of Auditor's report on the Company's Accounts for the financial year ended 31 March 2010.
- Discussion of the Company's Balance Sheet and the Profit and Loss Accounts for the financial year ended 31 March 2010.
- Clarification of the dividend policy.
- Discharging the members of the Board from liabilities and discussing their remuneration for the year ended 31 March 2010.
- Appointment of an external auditor for the financial year ending 31 March 2011 and approval of the auditor's fee.
- Discussion of Board membership as provided by Articles 26-28 of the Articles of Association.
Agenda for the Extraordinary General Assembly
- Approval of the amendments to the Articles of Association to enable the Company to provide fixed line services in accordance with the second public fixed network services license granted by the Supreme Council of Information and Communication Technology ("ictQATAR") on 29 April 2010.
Vodafone Qatar Shareholders who wish to attend the meetings or appoint a proxy need to note the following:
- A shareholder who does not attend the meeting in person can appoint a person to attend on their behalf. Appointment of such proxy must be in writing and signed by the shareholder; there is no prescribed form.
- Only Company shareholders can be appointed as representatives through proxies, and they cannot be a director of the Company.
- The total number of shares held by the proxy representative cannot exceed 5% of the Company's shares capital.
- The proxy representative should bring a copy of the shareholder's ID card to the meetings, as well as their own ID card.
- Representatives of companies are requested to present an authorisation letter appointing themselves as representatives of said companies in the Annual Ordinary Assembly and Extraordinary General Assembly Meetings.
- A natural shareholder may not, in his own capacity and/or as proxy or representative, hold more than 25% of the number of the deciding votes presented at the meeting.