Blackberry App World Now Available To Vodafone Qatar Customers
13 April, 2011: Vodafone today announced that BlackBerry App WorldTM is now available for its BlackBerry® smartphone customers in Qatar. Users can now discover, download and enjoy the wide range of mobile applications for their BlackBerry smartphone from a variety of categories, including entertainment, games, IM and social networking, news, weather and productivity.
The store is available for all BlackBerry smartphones with a trackball, trackpad or touch screen running BlackBerry OS (device software) 4.6 or higher. Customers can download BlackBerry App World directly to their smartphone by visiting www.blackberry.com/appworld or mobile.blackberry.com.
BlackBerry App World can be conveniently accessed over both Wi-Fi® and mobile phone networks and automatically presents customers with the relevant catalogue of applications available for their specific BlackBerry smartphone model.
"BlackBerry users have been looking forward to the launch of BlackBerry App World in Qatar. We are thrilled about bringing this exciting new experience to Vodafone's BlackBerry smartphone customers in this market," said Praveen Senadheera, Product Manager-BlackBerry, Vodafone Qatar.
Key features of BlackBerry App World:
- Front Page Featured Items Carousel: BlackBerry App World showcases many applications on its front page, selected by a combination of country, carrier, device, OS so customers only see apps that are relevant to them.
- Easy Application Discovery: Top 25 lists are easy to navigate making top applications easier to discover.
- Scan a Barcode: Users can scan a QR code associated with an application. BlackBerry App World will quickly find the related application and automatically open the application's information and download page.
- BlackBerry ID: BlackBerry ID provides customers with a device-independent user identification (ID). It facilitates new payment options, including credit cards, and allows customers to conveniently transfer their personal library of apps when they switch to a new BlackBerry smartphone.
- Search/Filter: BlackBerry App World includes a keyword search with filtering capabilities.
- Reviews: Applications on BlackBerry App World can be reviewed by users and those reviews are reflected in star ratings. Users can read reviews, see screenshots and read a description of each application before they download it.
- Application Storage: BlackBerry App World includes a folder called My World, which keeps track of applications the user has downloaded. It is a personal storage space that allows users to manage application activity like uninstalling and re-installing applications.
- Application Archiving: users can archive applications to a microSD card or built-in storage memory on their BlackBerry smartphone.
- Update Notifications: Users will be notified of updates to applications they've downloaded on BlackBerry App World.