• Make sure you followed the below steps:
• If the issue still persists, please contact us and we will help you further or raise a complaint for you.
• Please keep the below details ready with you while contacting us for further troubleshooting:
• Make sure that all required information (*) are filled in.
• Make sure that there are no other accounts registered under your QID
• Restart your handset
• Send 'internet' to 802. NOTE: Messages to 802 are Free
• If it does not work, try *100# and select “My Settings” option to request the internet settings.
• For Android phones, internet settings have to be configured manually.
• If you still cannot connect, try another handset
• This is probably because the notification number you selected at the time of registration is not the same as your current number.
• If issue persists, please contact us and we will help you further on this issue or raise a complaint for you
• Make sure you payed all your outstanding amount and there are no pending payments
• Payments made will take up to 30 mins to be reflected
• Please try to restart your handset or try your SIM on a different handset
• After restarting and switching handsets, test if outgoing calls can be made
• Check your balance via *129# as it will trigger renewal of plan bundles
• Please try to restart your handset
• If all the above steps fail, please contact us to help you further or raise a complaint for you
• Make sure you used the below steps to recharge:
• Make sure to:
• Please note that some corporate email addresses block external emails
• If all the above steps fail, please contact us to help you further
• Please make sure that you do not have any:
• Check your balance via *129# (*130#-Connect) as it will trigger renewal of plan bundles
• Please check:
NOTE: if your handset is from outside Qatar, it might be locked to another service provider and should be unlocked by the other service provider.
DEACTIVATING CLIR (Calling Line Identification Restriction)
NOTE: If you recently came back to Qatar and the SIM card is not being connected to Vodafone Qatar network, you might not be able to receive calls. In this Case: search for the available networks manually and choose Vodafone Qatar, SIM will be connected again to the home network and you will be able to receive calls normally.
• If there is a voice mail greeting active on your phone, use code (**004*121#)
• Check diversions from the handset and cancel all diversions
• Check for any barring on your number
• Make sure your Wi-Fi is switched off and mobile data is on
• Check if you have enough data balance to use mobile internet
• Check if you have any plan modifications request in progress
• Select network manually
• Please see below for more information on how to configure internet settings:
• You can use My Vodafone App up to 5 times on Wi-Fi or up to 1 week.
• Whatever is reached first, the app will ask you to disable Wi-Fi and re-authenticate using Vodafone Qatar 3G/4G network.
• For security reasons you need to turn off Wi-Fi and connect to 3G/4G Vodafone Qatar network or roaming network, either after 5 times on Wi-Fi or after 1 week.
• After authentication you can continue using the app over Wi-Fi.
• The reason why you are seeing this message is because your number is not matching the Contact number you provided during your registration with Vodafone.
• Please call our contact centre or visit the nearest store if you want to change the registered contact number in our system with your current number.
• Check if you are using the same SIM (Number) as you registered to check- in to the app. To check the number, go to menu and the number will be displayed as the “Welcome (Your Number)”.
• Please call our contact centre or visit the nearest store if you have to change the registered contact number in our system with your current number.
• Uninstall the App
• Go to the App Store/Play Store, download and re-install the App again
You may not be authenticated:
• Turn off Wi-Fi data completely
• Check if network time is the phone time
• If using a dual sim phone, put Vodafone as SIM1, turn off SIM2 completely
• Please make sure that your SIM is active
• Check for your area coverage on our website or My Vodafone app.
• Switch between 2G and 3G
NOTE: If you have another Vodafone SIM and it works fine in the same location, we advise you to attempt to replace your SIM at the nearest Vodafone Store as it could be a faulty SIM card.
• Make sure to keep a proof of your payment always
• Make sure that you did not try to make payments through a different channel earlier
• Make sure that the number you are paying for is active
• If you used a recharge card to make the payment, make sure you used the correct Short Code (*100#)
• Make sure that you used a recharged card with monetary value. If you used Internet recharge cards, payments will not be successful and card will be marked as used
• If you received credits instead of payment, please contact us
Below are the correct steps on how Postpaid customers can make bill payments via recharge cards.
Step 1: Dial *100#
Step 2: Select “My Account”
Step 3: Select “Plan and Bill”
Step 4: Select “Pay by Recharge Card”
Step 5: Enter the x digit credit recharge card code in the available screen
PLEASE NOTE: Recharge cards that can be used for this channel need to have a monetary value. If customers use Internet recharge cards, payments will not be successful and cards will be marked as used
Customers may visit this link for more information: http://www.vodafone.qa/go/en/online-bill-payment
• If the above steps are checked:
Restart handset and switch network mode of the handset:
Go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Voice & Data
Select other network mode (4G/3G/2G) in which you are not currently connected. There may be different network modes available depending on where you are.
Go to Settings > Mobile Networks > Network Mode
Select other network mode [WCDMA only, GSM only, WCDMA/GSM (auto connect), LTE/WCDMA/GSM (auto connect)] in which you are not currently connected.
• Make sure you activated roaming on your number
• Check if you have the required balance to send/receive SMS on roaming charges
• Please be advised to report all roaming related issues while you are still on roaming and facing the issue.
• Make sure your number is not barred
• Check the data settings on your phone (APN, gateway)
• Check if the SMSC number is defined as +9747922222
Note: Please be advised to report all roaming related issues while you are still on roaming and facing the issue.
NOTE: In case you are unable to receive text from only one particular (local) number and able to receive from all other numbers, advise the sender of SMS to check the service from his end as the issue could be at the sender’s end.
• Switch network mode of the handset:
• Dial *129# or *100# again
• Dial *130# again;
NOTE: In case you are unable to receive MMS from only one particular (local) number and able to receive from all other numbers, advise the sender of SMS to check the service from his end as the issue could be at the sender’s end.
• Checks if you have available spend limit or credit limit
• Make sure that the following activation or deactivation steps are followed:
• Call 195 from your mobile phone and follow the instructions to choose the song you would like to set as your Ring Back tone. (A call to 195 costs 50Dhs per minute)
• SMS to 195: Send ACT RBT SONG CODE to 195. E.g. ACT RBT 111222 (An SMS to 195 is free of cost)
• Press * when you listen to a song that you like while waiting for your friend to pick up the phone, this is applicable if your friend is a Vodafone customer
Note: If you have already set a song earlier and then pressed the * key or sent an SMS for copying a song, your song set for all callers will be replaced with a new song.
• Deactivate this service by sending an SMS with the letters “DCT” to 195 and service will be deactivated
• Customers can also call 195 and follow the instructions on how to deactivate Caller Tunes
• Calls to 195 costs 50Dhs/Minute
• SMS to 195 is free
• Restart handset and try to activate/deactivate
• Please note that this option is not for Mobile Broadband customers
• Check if the number is active on Vodafone network (able to use data, calls & SMS)
• Check Notification number registered with us is the same as your current number. If Not, Please call our contact centre or visit the nearest store to change the registered contact number in our system with your current number. If correct, proceed with the below steps.
• Restart handset and switch network mode of the handset:
• Restart handset
• Voicemail service is pre-activated for all Vodafone customers
• Please make sure that you have followed the below steps:
• Try the different methods mentioned above
• If all the above steps fail, please contact us and we will help you further or raise a complaint for you
• Please ensure that you have used the correct Short Code
• Make sure that your number is not barred
• Check your spend limit
• Check your outstanding balance and credit limit as having less credit limit than the add-on cost will prevent you from activating the add-on
• Please note: Some products can be activated from the Short Code Menu if you are the primary account holder. If you are not the authorised person of your account and you are trying to activate the add-on, system will not allow as per current rules
• Verify the deactivation short code used
• Check if you have enough SMS balance to deactivate the short code.
NOTE: Deactivation cost if FREE however, you need to have remaining balance.
• Restart handset and try to deactivate again
• Verify phone model you are using to register to Metrash. NOTE: iOS, Android and BlackBerry OS are supported; however, Windows OS are currently not supported
• Verify the version of Metrash customer wants to register to.
NOTE: Metrash1 is by default a part of Metrash2 Service
• Make sure that QID expiration date is updated
• Make sure that the Mobile number that you used to register for the Metrash2 Service is under your Qatari ID
• Check if you have any recent provisioning or Transfer Of Number orders
NOTE: If you have a new connection or Transfer of Ownership then you have to wait for a week to be able to register for Metrash.
• For any queries, comments or any problems relating to Metrash2 Application contact email: Info@moi.gov.qa /Support centre No: 2342000. (24/7 working)