Generic questions about Postpaid
Frequently asked questions
What is Vodafone Postpaid?
Vodafone Postpaid is the new way to pay for your mobile usage on a monthly basis upon receiving a bill.
The price of your Plan is paid each month in advance, and any additional usage is reflected on your next monthly bill.
- What Postpaid Plans are available?
What is the maximum number of lines a customer can activate?
Five connections can be activated under the same Qatari ID with a valid Resident Visa or Business Visa.
What are the payment methods available?
- Online- Direct Debit
- Doha Bank ATM / Doha Bank Online payment
- Credit Recharge Cards
- Vodafone Retail Stores
- Self Service Machines
Where can I pay my bill?
- Online with Visa and Mastercard here- Auto payment by direct debit or credit card.
- At Doha Bank branches, ATMs and through Doha Bank Internet Banking.
- By calling 122 & using your credit card to pay following the voice instructions.
- At any Vodafone Retail Store
- Via scartch cards.
If I provided credit card details during the time of sign up, will the card be used for any other payments?
If your Postpaid bill has not been paid after ninety (90) days from the Bill Issue Date, we will automatically deduct the amount due using the credit card you have provided. However, you will receive an SMS notification before taking such action. Check out the Postpaid Terms and Conditions
What is direct debit? How can I register for it?
Direct debit is a hassle-free way to pay your mobile bill. Once set up, the full amount outstanding will be paid out of your account automatically. To register for direct debit payment visit any Vodafone Retail Store and fill out the direct debit form.The accepted banks for Direct Debit are QNB, CBQ and Doha Bank.
Can I add Mobile Broadband to my plan?
Yes. We have many Mobile Broadband plans to pick from. See this page for more details.
What is a credit limit?
• We will set a credit limit for the charges incurred on your account (this includes charges for your Primary and Additional Connections).
• You may request to increase the default credit limit by either paying a deposit or providing your credit card details.
• If you provide us with your credit card details for the purposes of increasing your credit limit, you agree that we may use your credit card details to recover any amounts on your account which remain unpaid 90 days or more after your Bill Issue Date. We will contact you by SMS to inform you before we take any such action.
• If you reach or exceed your credit limit, your account (including all Primary and Additional Connections) will be blocked. The block will be removed upon settling all or part of the outstanding amounts.
• Should the billed amount exceed the set credit limit due, you are still obliged to pay the full amount due for all charges incurred.
Consumer Credit Limit Information
All customers should agree their Credit Limit with Vodafone when they sign their initial contract for postpaid services. A customer should not be able to spend more money than their Credit Limit. However due to technical issues Vodafone may apply Credit Limits in different ways depending on the type of service used and whether that service is being used in Qatar or abroad. This Credit Limit can be changed by contacting Vodafone, in accordance with the requirements of Vodafone.
APPLICATION OF CREDIT LIMITS Data Roaming Currently real time with warnings at 80%, 95% and 100% of Credit limit (with exception of non-camel) Other Roaming Currently real time with warnings at 80%, 95% and 100% of Credit limit (with exception of non-camel) Exceptions (Countries with operators who do not have systematic data transfer) From 2- 30 days Local Usage Currently real time with warnings at 80%, 95% and 100% of Credit limit
How can the credit limit be increased?
By paying a deposit equal to the amount of the increase requested.
Which countries can I roam after activating the Delayed Charges service (Service can be activated by providing a valid credit card as a security guarantee or paying a deposit of QR 2,000 at any Vodafone Store) ?
- (Satellite Services), Angola, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Belarus, Benin, Bolivia, Brazil, British Virgin Islands, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Bulgaria, Cape Verde, Cayman Islands, Chad, Colombia, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ethiopia, Ecuador, Gabon, Georgia, Gibraltar, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guernsey, Jamaica, Jersey, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Libya, Laos, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Mongolia, Montserrat, Namibia, Nauru, Netherlands Antilles, New Caledonia, Niger, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Réunion Island, Russia, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, San Marino, Slovakia, Syria, Togo, Turkmenistan, Turks and Caicos Islands, Uganda, Vanuatu and Zambia.
When is the Postpaid bill issued?
An SMS bill is sent one day after your billing date (either the 2nd or 16th of the month).
Ebills are also sent on the 2nd or 16th of the month.
Paper bills are delivered within 14 days.
Payment of the outstanding amount is due within 30 days.
What is Vodafone Passport?
One simple rate of 75Dhs for all calling, messaging and internet when you travel to 25 countries. (75Dhs per minute, per SMS and per MB).
The included countries are: Saudi Arabia, UAE, UK,U.S.A, France, India, Egypt, Germany, Turkey, Italy, Australia, Spain, New Zealand, Netherlands, Greece, South Africa, Ireland, Ghana, Romania, Czech Republic, Portugal, Hungary, Iceland, Albania and Malta.
Vodafone Passport can be added on top of Red Plans for QR 20/month
What is the BlackBerry Extra?
1GB local data plus the BlackBerry® Monthly service for QR 49/month.
What do I need to join Postpaid?
- To be over 18 years old
- Valid Qatari ID with a valid Resident Visa.
- Expat customers without credit cards are requested to pay QR 100 upfront, which will be deducted from the first bill.
What are the Internet Extras?
For Postpaid Red Plans, you can add these extras:
Extra Price What you get Internet Basic Pack QR 60 1GB of local data Internet Regular Pack QR 100 7GB of local data Internet Super Pack QR 200 15GB of local data Internet Ultimate Pack QR 300 25GB of local data Internet Unlimited Pack QR 500 Unlimited
For Supersaver plans, you can add these extras:
Extra Price What you get Anghami+ QR 20 1GB data allowance to use the app, 1 month free *Not applicable for Super Saver 100 Go by OSN QR 37 8GB data allowance to use the app, 1 month free Go by OSN Unlimited QR 100 Unlimited data allowance to use the app Internet Basic Pack QR 50 1 GB Internet Regular Pack QR 100 7 GB Internet Super Pack QR 200 15 GB Internet Ultimate Pack QR 300 25 GB Internet Unlimited Pack QR 400 Unlimited Blackberry Service QR 49 1 GB Vodafone Passport QR 20 Roam for 75Dhs/min, MB & SMS in selected countries. More Vodafone Passport Pack QR 100 2 GB of Internet, Unlimited Minutes to receive calls and Unlimited Minutes to make calls to Vodafone Qatar numbers International Discount QR 10 Making international to 15 countries at discounted rates. More
Is there any fees for moving from Postpaid to Prepaid?
Yes, QR 50 will be charged if you migrate from Postpaid to Prepaid.
How long is my Plan valid for?
Until the end of each billing cycle, which occurs once per month.
How can I receive my bill?
The default bill format is an Itemized Ebill that is sent to your email address. For QR 5 per month, you can also request a paper bill to be sent out to you.
How can I get in contact with customer care?
Call 122 from your mobile, or +97470201122 when roaming.
What does the bill show?
The Summarized Bill displays all of the monthly charges including line rental, Extras, Bonus information and the out-of-bundle charges.
The Detailed Bill includes all the Summarized Bill information plus a break-down of the calls, SMS and data usage for each mobile number.
What are the bill languages?
You can choose from Arabic or English.
What is a billing cycle?
It is the day of the month when your bill is calculated and the value of your plan is renewed. This cycle lasts for one calendar month.
How long is the included value (minutes, SMS/MMS, MBs) in my plan valid for?
One calendar month.
Can I do a partial payment?
Yes, partial payment is possible. If the line is disconnected, 80% of the outstanding bill is required to be paid to use your line again.
Can I pay cash while registered in direct debit?
Yes, you can do this at any Vodafone Retail Store.
How is the activation of an Extra charged?
The price for the Extra is added on top of the subscription price each month until you ask for it to be stopped.
What is an Extra?
Extras are paid Add-ons that offer additional value. They can be purchased on top of your monthly Plan.
When I join Postpaid, is there a minimum commitment period? And if I decide to leave before then, are there any penalties?
The minimum commitment period for Postpaid is three months (“Minimum Subscription Period”). If you cancel the service before then, you will need to pay the remaining charges for the three months of your chosen monthly Postpaid Plan, plus any promotional discounts given during this period, and any outstanding unbilled charges. For more information see our General Terms and Conditions
What is “For life” for Supersaver 150 plan?
“For Life” means the life of the contract signed by you and Vodafone under this offer. As long as you maintain your current Plan by paying your bills on time, you will continue to enjoy the “For life” benefit. However, should you switch your number, change; transfer or cancel or downgrade your current plan, you will lose the benefit of “For life” under your Plan. “For Life” is a personal benefit and is not transferable to friends or family.
What happens to the unused value at the end of the month?
It expires at the end of the billing cycle.
- What is Vodafone Postpaid?