Postpaid Terms and Conditions for Consumer
Any distributors, non-Vodafone Stores or others we have appointed to sell our products and services.
The legal contract between you and us, made up of these terms and conditions, any specific terms and conditions which apply to particular products and services you use and any policies or procedures published on our website.
The period of time between the bills. Billing cycle will begin on a specific day each month, and will continue until the same day of the following month (For example, the first day of the month until the first day of the following month.) the number of days in the billing cycle change, according to the number of days in the month. You will be notified of your billing cycle when you subscribe to a monthly subscription service from Vodafone.
Any day except a Friday, Saturday or national public holiday in the State of Qatar.
Value bundles that you can purchase in addition to your Postpaid Plan.
Products and Services
The communication products and services, including, but not limited to, national and international calls and SMS (text messages), national and international MMS (multi-media messages, to send photos), mobile internet, roaming, Extras, and any other products and services we offer you.
Our pricing plans that are charged in line with our rate card.
The list of all our prices for our products and services.
The card included in your Welcome Pack to be inserted in your phone. The card contains your mobile number and allows you to use our products and services
Vodafone Qatar QSC (commercial registration number 39656, PO Box 27727, Doha Qatar).
The pack you bought which contains a Vodafone SIM card, mobile number and information on our products and services.
Our monthly post payment option in which you are billed for your account charges at the end of each bill cycle.
2 .Start date and duration
a. This agreement starts when you put the SIM card into your mobile phone and use any of our products and services.
b. This agreement will continue until either of us end it as set out in this agreement.
c. The minimum contractual period shall be three (3) months (“Minimum Subscription Period”). Cancellation of the Service prior to that time will result in applicable charges due and payable for the entire three month Minimum Subscription Period
3. Providing our products
a. We will take all reasonable steps to make our products and services available to you at all times, depending on the terms and conditions of this agreement.
b. Things beyond our control, including but not limited to acts of God, act of government or regulatory authority, war, riot or civil commotion, may sometimes affect the quality and availability of our products and services. We will not be held responsible for any harm or damage resulting from this
4. Using our products and services
a. You must buy a Vodafone Welcome Pack to use any of our products or services and you must be at least 18 years old to subscribe to our services.
b. When you buy the Welcome Pack from our stores, or receive the Welcome Pack if you have bought it online, you must provide us with a copy of your valid Qatari identity document or your passport and relevant business visa or resident permit page. The Welcome Pack will not be handed over if you cannot provide us either of these documents.
c. If you cannot personally receive your Welcome Pack, you must print off and fill in the letter of authorisation on our website (www.vodafone.qa) and nominate someone to receive or collect the Welcome Pack on your behalf. That person will only be able to receive the Welcome Pack if we have the letter of authorisation, together with both yours and the nominated person’s Qatari identity document or passport with a relevant visa or resident permit.
d. By buying our products and services, you assure us that you:
- are buying them for your own personal use or, if you allow another person, including a person who is under 18, to use the products and services, that you are responsible for making sure that they use the products and services in line with the terms and conditions of this agreement;
will not use the products and services, including mobile, internet and broadband, for any purpose that causes a nuisance or is abusive, offensive, illegal, fraudulent, or for any activities that are criminal under the laws of the State of Qatar;
- will not sell the products and services without our permission in writing; and
- will tell us, within seven (7) business days, about any changes to your customer information, by phoning our Customer Care team on 122 (or +97470201122 if roaming) from your Vodafone mobile, or by visiting one of our stores.
e. As part of our products and services, we offer access to the internet. We are not responsible for, and do not approve, any website other than ours, including those which may have a link from our website, unless we say otherwise.
- Customers will be able to make payment for this product via the following options:
- Retail stores: by cash or credit/debit card.
- Customer care: only by credit card.
- Auto-payment: by registering your credit card or through a direct debit with banks that are approved by us.
6. Postpaid Account
a. All your Postpaid connections will be part of an account.
b. Your account can contain one or more connections.
c. Primary Connection:
Although your account can contain several connections, only one can be set as the Primary Connection.
- The Primary Connection will be the only connection in the account that will receive details on the account billing details and credit limit notifications.
- You may choose to replace a Primary Connection with another in the same account at any time by contacting us.
d. Additional Connections: Your account may only contain one Primary Connection and up to four (4) Additional Connections, unless otherwise approved by us.
. Each connection in your account (Primary and Additional Connections) will have a monthly subscription Plan.
b. Your Plan will be renewed for all connections on your account on your bill cycle date.
c. The value of your Plan will be valid up until the end of each bill cycle. Any unused value will be forfeited at the end of the bill cycle.
d. If you subscribe to a Plan on a day that does not coincide with your bill cycle, the charges and value for your Plan will be pro-rated against your next bill cycle.
a. You may add Extras to each connection in your account.
b. Each Extra and the value it contains will be renewed on your bill cycle date.
c. The value of your Extra will be valid up until the end of each bill cycle. Any unused value will be forfeited at the end of the bill cycle.
d. If you subscribe to an Extra on a day that does not coincide with your bill cycle, the charges and value for your Extra will be pro-rated against your next bill cycle.
e. Some Extras may offer you a rate discount. A rate discount will offer a reduced price for outgoing/incoming calling, SMS/MMS or data usage. Details of rate discounts are set out in our rate card.
a. Bill cycle:
• We will assign a monthly bill cycle for your account.
• All your connections (Primary and Additional Connections) must be part of the same billing cycle.
• We will issue a bill to you at the end of the billing cycle of your account. The date your bill is generated is called your “Bill Issue Date”
• Bills are available in either paper or email mode; you are required to select only one (1) mode of dispatch.
You will be able to change your desired dispatch mode by contacting Customer Care or visiting a Vodafone retail store.
• The bill will include a summary of the billed charges of your account and will contain advance charges for your next month’s Plan and Extra fees. You may also choose to receive a detailed bill of each connection in your account at no additional cost.
• You must pay the billed charges on your account within 30 days from the Bill Issue Date; otherwise, the charges will become overdue.
• Any dispute in the billed amount must be reported to us within 45 days of the Bill Issue Date.
• We reserve the right to suspend, restrict or disconnect the services where payment is overdue. The suspension, restriction or disconnection will take effect on all connections on your account.
• “Suspension shall be removed after settling the due amounts”
• Where payment is not received in full, we will end this agreement after 180 days from your Bill Issue Date and you will lose all connections (Primary and Additional Connections) on your account.
• We will send an SMS to your Primary Connection when the bill is issued and when payment is due.
a. You agree to pay us the relevant charges for the provision of the services, whether you or someone else use(s) the services.
b. All your account charges (including your Primary and Additional Connections) will be billed once a month on your bill cycle date.
c. Most charges will appear on the bill immediately following the time period in which charges were incurred. In certain circumstances (e.g. roaming charges), due to operational matters beyond our control, application of charges to your bill may be delayed. You are nevertheless required to pay all billed charges that are not in dispute when they fall due, as stated on your bill.
d. Credit limit:
• We will set a credit limit for the charges incurred on your account (this includes charges for your Primary and Additional Connections).
• You may request to increase the default credit limit by either paying a deposit or providing your credit card details.
• If you provide us with your credit card details for the purposes of increasing your credit limit, you agree that we may use your credit card details to recover any amounts on your account which remain unpaid 90 days or more after your Bill Issue Date. We will contact you by SMS to inform you before we take any such action.
• If you reach or exceed your credit limit, your account (including all Primary and Additional Connections) will be blocked. The block will be removed upon settling all or part of the outstanding amounts.
• Should the billed amount exceed the set credit limit due, you are still obliged to pay the full amount due for all charges incurred.
a. You may make a deposit against your account to:
• Increase your credit limit, as set out in clause 10d above.
• Enable roaming in some destinations where charging does not take place in real time. (The minimum amount to deposit for this is QR 2,000 or by providing a valid credit card).
b. If you wish to retrieve your deposit, then we will apply it as a payment against any and all outstanding and future charges and return your credit limit and roaming settings to the default.
c. Upon termination of this agreement, any remaining deposit will be refunded in full.
a. You can choose a free number (a mobile number that you do not have to pay a reservation charge for) or you can pay a reservation fee to reserve any of our available Star Numbers and My Numbers online or in our stores.
b. There are different reservation charges for My Numbers and Star Numbers. You can find out the reservation charge for the Star Number or My Number you want from our website at www.vodafone.qa or at any of our retail stores.
c. All mobile numbers belong to the State of QATAR. The Supreme Council for Information and Communications Technology (ictQATAR) may withdraw, suspend or change numbers at any time. If this happens, we will give you at least 30 days’ notice. The reservation charge you pay for a Star Number or My Number entitles you to use that number, but it will still belong to the State of QATAR.
d. All reserved numbers must be assigned to an active Plan. If you cancel your Postpaid Account or any Primary or Additional Connections or this agreement ends, after 180 days the number(s) will be made available for people to reserve.
e. We can refund the reservation charge for Star Numbers and My Numbers in line with our Number Policy, which you can get from our website (www.vodafone.qa) and at our stores.
a. Roaming allows you to use our products and services when travelling outside Qatar.
b. If you are roaming in countries where charges take place in real time, the charges will automatically be charged to your account.
c. If you are roaming in countries where charges do not take place in real time, there may be a delay in us charging your account of up to 31 days. This will be reflected in the next relevant bill cycle.
14. Ending this Agreement
a. We have the right to end this agreement if:
• you break any of the terms and conditions of this agreement; or
• our public mobile telecommunications licence ends.
If we are going to end this agreement we will tell you by SMS.
b. You can cancel this agreement at any time by phoning our Customer Care team on 122 (or +97470201122 if roaming) from your Vodafone mobile or by visiting one of our stores.
c. You must ensure that all outstanding payments are paid before disconnecting your account.
d. Where you have activated roaming in countries where charges do not take place in real time, you will only be disconnected 31 days after your request.
15. Lost, Stolen and Damaged SIM Cards
a If your SIM card is lost, damaged, or stolen, you must immediately contact our Customer Care team on 122 (or +97470201122 if roaming). We will then:
• block the SIM card to prevent further calls being made; and
• make any necessary arrangements for you to buy a replacement Welcome Pack at the standard retail price. (You may have to pay a delivery charge.)
b We may charge you for replacing and delivering the replacement Welcome Pack, according to the charges set out on our website (www.vodafone.qa).
16. Refunds and Returns
a. We pay refunds for our goods and services in line with our Online Returns and Warranty Policy and our Retail Shop Returns Policy. You can get both of these from our website at www.vodafone.qa and our stores.
b. We pay refunds for Star Numbers and My Numbers in line with our number policy which you can get from our website at www.vodafone.qa and from our stores.
17. Accepting the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement
a. When you put the SIM card into a mobile phone, or use any products and services, you will be considered to have accepted these terms and conditions. No terms and conditions other than those set out in this agreement, any specific terms and conditions which apply to particular products and services you use and any policies or procedures on our website (www.vodafone.qa/terms), are binding on us unless they are put in writing and signed by an authorised representative of ours.
a. If you are not satisfied with any products or services, phone our Customer Care team on 122 (or +97470201122 if roaming) from your Vodafone number or visit any of our stores. When we receive your complaint we will investigate it and get back to you within a reasonable time.
b. We can change these terms and conditions, including our Number Policy, from time to time. We will tell you about any changes within a reasonable time, by publishing the changed terms and conditions on our website (www.vodafone.qa/terms) or in any other relevant way available to us, including by SMS and voicemail.
c. We can change our pricing and our rate card from time to time. We will publish the changes on our website (www.vodafone.qa) and we will tell you about the changes in any other way available to us.
d. If there are any differences between the printed version of these terms and conditions and the online version of these terms and conditions available on our website (www.vodafone.qa/terms), the online version will apply.
e. Where a product or service which you use has specific terms and conditions published on our website, those specific terms and conditions will form part of this agreement. If there is any difference between these terms and conditions and any other terms and conditions, then these terms and conditions will apply.
g. We will not be liable for any loss or damage (including indirect loss) relating to the products and services except for any liability we have to accept by law.
h. We will not be liable for any actions, claims, loss, proceedings, damages of any nature whatever (whether direct or indirect) in connection with any third party products and services that you have access to by using our Products and Services. We shall not be liable to you or be deemed to be in breach of this Agreement by reason of any delay in performing, or any failure to perform by any such third party products and services .
i. If any term or condition in this agreement is not valid or cannot be enforced for any reason, this will not affect the remaining terms and conditions, which will still apply.
Qatar National Day Promotion
Vodafone has launched a promotion where customers with an active Eligible Internet Pack during the 16th – 18th December 2017 (“Offer Period”) will automatically receive an additional 18GB Data Bonus valid for 3 days.
Customers who have previously activated an Eligible Internet Pack, which remains active during the Offer Period will automatically receive the 18GB Data Bonus on Saturday 16th December.
Customers who activate an eligible Internet Pack between 16th – 18th December will automatically receive the 18GB Data Bonus upon successful activation of the Eligible Internet Pack.
Unlimited Internet Pack is not eligible to receive this offer.
The 18GB Bonus Data is valid for 3 days upon activation and will automatically be removed from the customer’s account on expiry.
The 18GB Data Bonus is for local data use only and will be consumed first. Once the 18GB Bonus Data is consumed the normal Internet Pack allowance will be consumed
On expiry of the 18GB Data Bonus the customer will not be entitled to carry over any unused Data from the offer.
The customer is only eligible to receive one 18GB Data Bonus i.e. if the customer subscribes to more than one Eligible Internet Pack, they will only receive the 18GB Data Bonus once.
Vodafone’s standard Postpaid Terms and Conditions shall apply.