Ordinary and Extraordinary General Assembly Meeting
The Board of Directors has the pleasure to invite the shareholders of Vodafone Qatar Q.S.C. (the “Company”) to attend the Ordinary and Extraordinary General Assembly Meetings of the Company which will be held at 5:00pm on Monday, 25 July 2016, at the Four Seasons Hotel (Al Daibel Room). Shareholder registration will start at 4:00pm.
In the event that a quorum is not achieved, a second meeting will be held on Wednesday 27th July 2016 at 5:00pm at the Company’s headquarters in Qatar Science and Technology Park.
Agenda for the Ordinary General Assembly
2. Presentation of the Sharia Advisor’s report.
3. Review and approve the Auditor’s report on the Company’s Accounts for the financial year ended 31 March 2016.
4. Discussion and approval of the Company’s Balance Sheet and the Profit and Loss Accounts for the financial year ended 31 March 2016.
5. Review of the recommendation of the Board of Directors regarding distributable profits for the financial year ending 31 March 2016 and approval.
6. Discharging the members of the Board from liabilities and discussing their remuneration for the year ended 31 March 2016.
7. Review and approve the Company’s Corporate Governance Report 2015-2016.
8. Appointment of an external auditor for the financial year ending 31 March 2017 and approval of the auditor’s fee.
9. Approving the appointment of the Sharia advisor as recommended by the Board of Directors.
10. Election of three Independent Board Members to the Company’s Board of Directors and approving the formation of the new Board of Directors for the term 2016 to 2019.
Agenda for the Extraordinary General Assembly
2. To approve the Company’s amended and restated Articles of Association in order to comply with the provisions of the Commercial Companies Law No. (11) of 2015.
3. To authorise the Chairman of the board of directors, the Vice Chairman or whomever the board may delegate to sign and complete the required formalities to affect these changes subject to obtaining all regulatory approvals including the approval of the Ministry of Economy and Commerce.
Nomination for the membership of the Board of Directors of Vodafone Qatar QSC
The Board of Directors of Vodafone is also pleased to announce the opening of the nomination for vacant positions for the three independent directors in the Company’s Board of Directors for the term of the next membership cycle from 2016 to 2019 (three years), noting that the nomination will be opened for ten (10) days starting from 19 June 2016 until close of business on 29 June 2016. The nomination will be done according to the Company’s Articles of Association.
First: A board member shall be:
1. Not less than twenty one (21) years of age and shall have full capacity.
2. Never have been punished by a criminal sentence; convicted of a crime involving moral turpitude and honesty or convicted of a crime stated in Articles (334 and 335) of this slaw; or ruled bankrupt unless rehabilitated.
3. Non violation of article (98) of the Company Commercial Law No. (11) of 2015.
Second: The shareholders who wish to nominate themselves for the Board of Directors membership should apply at the Company’s headquarters at the Science and Technology Park during morning hours (from 08:00am until 12:00pm) from Sunday 19 June 2016 until the end of the working hours on Wednesday 29 June 2016. The application may be delivered to the Nomination Committee through the reception office at the Company’s headquarters.
Vodafone Qatar is required to hold an Ordinary General Assembly (OGA) every year. The OGA meeting must be held within four months of the Company’s financial year end on 31 March. All shareholders are eligible to attend a General Assembly meeting.
The outcome of previously held General Assembly Meetings can be found by clicking on the relevant year:
If you have any queries relating to the annual general assembly meetings please contact InvestorRelationsQatar@vodafone.com